Take a moment and picture a bright red, polished Mercedes that possesses all the bells and whistles to make anyone with eyes do a double take. This luxurious piece of steel is equipped with coal black tires that house shiny, factory rims and supple, peanut butter-colored leather clothe the seats. It’s the “two miles per hour so everybody sees you” type of car that Will Smith referred to in his popular Summertime rap jam; however, there’s only one problem - the engine is screwed - it doesn’t work.
The lovely Mercedes I just described is the equivalent to a stylish person who has all of the external attributes but is lacking internally. Just like a stylish car that doesn’t run is useless, a stylish person who isn’t aligned internally won’t serve their purpose either. You can have all the expensive clothing labels in the world but if your aura isn’t right, the labels are null and void. Have you ever seen a person that wears a $1,000 top and it looks just okay, but then there’s a person who wears a $7 top and it looks fabulous? That, ladies, is style and energy coinciding.
In order to be your best, most fabulous self externally, you have to tend to your soul. And as a style blogger, it is my duty to show women that they don’t have to “do the most” to look good. It’s all about your positive aura – that is what will radiate through any outfit.
In case you’re wondering where to begin to assure your energy is at its highest, positive peak – listed below are five things you can do to make sure you’re internally stylish.
1. Eat Right – Don’t forget about your vegetables! Eating colorful foods and drinking plenty of water will definitely show up on the outside of your body. When your body is properly nourished, your entire existence is balanced.
2. Exercise – Make sure you move every day to get those endorphins going. Exercise eliminates stress, and the results allow you to slay any outfit with confidence.
3. Meditate – Being still for at least 10 to 20 minutes a day does wonders for your mind and soul. Sit with yourself often in order to hear your own thoughts and connect with your inner God. The more you do this, the calmer you will be and in turn, you’ll emanate peace.
4. Give – Giving is one of our biggest purposes here on Earth. The more you give and help others, the better you will feel. And when you’re feeling good on the inside, it will definitely show on the outside.
5. Heal – Whatever hardship you’ve dealt with in the past that has traumatized you, take the time to make peace with it. Sometimes we can carry tragic situations on our shoulders for years and it begins to show up in our demeanor and on our faces, or it seeps through our confidence and shatters it. Let it go. Of course you won’t heal overnight, but try each and every day to forgive yourself or your oppressor – your appearance and soul will thank you for it.
So there you have it, five ways to ensure that your insides shine through externally. Because when you’re energy is right, your style will be even better.
Peace and Blessings,
- Samjah Iman
Blogger, Freelance Writer & Style Artist